It’s been 5 years now since starting my blog and there are a LOT of things that I wish someone told me. The online space is overloaded with so much noise, misleading information and contradicting advice.
You see people shouting at the rooftops about how they make 6 figures in one month or how they gained huge following in social media and how they grown email list to thousands…
And it left you thinking…
“Gosh! Everything is already out there, how do I even stand out?”
“I don’t have what it takes, I’m not an expert at this”
“I have zero experience at this and what if people find out that I’m just faking it?”
“Seriously though, do I really need to be a Bestseller to be taken seriously online?”
Do you know what these statements does to you?
It makes you shutdown.
It makes you underestimate your potential.
The message and story that you want to share with the world quickly disappears.
And the excitement you once felt becomes a cycle of resistance…
“I don’t have time for this, my schedule is already full”
“I’m on blog hiatus and I’m gonna wait until my passion is back”
“No one reads my blogposts, what is the point of writing anyways?”
The truth is, you actually have the time, passion and creative energy to make it work for you. You just don’t know where to focus on and what to do in what order.
As I look back now, there are a couple of things that I wish I knew before starting my blog.
- Fancy Metrics – these are the things that makes you look successful on the surface but doesn’t actually amount to anything. Things like: number of followers in social media, pageviews, perfect blog design, signups in email list. They don’t mean anything unless you turn those people into your loyal subscribers and customers.
- Fake Income Reports – I guarantee you, 99% of the income reports you see online are fake. Why would you share your *actual figures* when everyone can see it? Not only it poses huge security risks to your personal life it can also be very deceiving to your audience. Plus, accountants and auditors (for small businesses) would never recommend it. Truth is, you don’t need to prove to anyone that you make money from your business to get their business. You just need to focus on providing value to people.
- Peer Pressure – this happens because of the income reports, someone says “I made $2,000 on SEO” and so everyone else created a course about SEO even if, they literally have zero experience with the subject. You see this pattern everywhere and if you’re smart, you’ll know who’s the real deal.
When I realized those 3 points above, I started to do things differently.
- I removed myself from the equation, which means that my blog is NOT about me but the people I wanted to serve and why I wanted to serve them.
- I stopped obsessing about social media and instead focusing on search engines like Pinterest and Google
- I never entertained the thought of writing an income report and stopped reading how much others make
- I don’t just create content for the sake of publishing a blogpost, I now create content that is tied to my overall blogging strategy, goals and needs of my audience.
- And finally, I ignored the critics, the unsubscribes and the unfollowers. They don’t affect me anymore because I know that when people get value from your work, they will stay and love you no matter what.
It took me 3 years to finally figured all this out..
But, it doesn’t have to be that long for you.
That’s why I started working on the Blog To Biz Blueprint, a complete blogging business roadmap that will help you connect the dots, unlearn so many things you thought was important and skip the rat race to finally focus on what really matters.
It’s now open for pre-order, which means you’ll save almost 70% off the retail price. Plus, get the Blog to Biz Workbook (valued at $27) free delivered via email once you completed your order.
You can pre-order the ebook Blog to Biz Blueprint today!
This is an affordable investment you make for your future self, your blog and the people who are waiting for you to have the courage to serve them.
You have what it takes, and I’m here to guide you in every step of the way!
Get Your Swipe File of 200+ Blog Post Ideas and beat writer's block
You'll also be subscribed to the BC Creatives newsletter where you get exclusive tips and special promos. You can unsubscribe anytime.