If you’re a blogger and have a full time job, I’m sure you know how hard it is to come up with blog post ideas! Sometimes, I even push myself to the max just to let my creative juices to flow in but the more I overthink, the more I get frustrated…and overwhelmed. You know the drill, right?
I was stuck in traffic for about 5 hours straight (yes, I’m not kidding!) instead of complaining I put myself up and think of ways to take advantage of the time – since I’ve already overslept the night before so sleeping is not an option!
I grabbed my phone and started taking down notes on what I want to write next on this blog, luckily my husband Ben was online in Facebook so we did a little bit of brainstorming.
Blog Post Ideas For All Types Of Blogs
Stuck on what to write? Download this list of blog post ideas here
- What fascinates you in the blogging community?
- Share a day in your life
- Share your daily makeup routine
- Share you’re go-to hairstyle
- Share your must have items when you have little time to get ready
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite stock photo sites?
- Who has inspired you throughout your life?
- Share your plans (short term and long term)
- What you are looking forward to with your blogging journey?
- Share how you take/edit photos for your blog
- Share any photography tips that you have
- What’s your favorite social media and why?
- If you’ve been blogging for a while now, what advice can you give to new bloggers?
- Talk about something you’re afraid of and how you overcome it
- Share a “Do’s and Don’t s…” post about something you’ve got experienced
- Create a fun challenge for the month/season (in Twitter/Instagram) and invite your readers
- Create something free to give away to your readers, like printable worksheets
- What did you do to grow your blog?
- Share products that you swear by
- Share your blogging essentials that you cannot live without
- Is there a product that you tried and made you realized you wasted your money?
- Share what apps you are currently obsessed with?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Write a “Top 20” or “Top 10” post
- Share your to-do list for the day/week/weekend/month
- Do guest posts with another blogger
- A review of a product/service
- How do you plan your content?
- How do you pack for a trip?
- How to live with toxic people
- Your favorite quotes
- Life changing experiences
- Being a woman in your 20’s
- How to start a blog
- How to keep long distance relationship
- How to get through a break up
- How to effectively search for a job
- Favorite workout clothes
- Your workout routine
- Ways you save money
- Get ready with me post
- Review a book
- Review a movie
- Review an event
- Favorite Youtubers you watch everyday
- Things you regret not doing in life
- Room tour or house tour
- Clothes haul
- Favorite websites you’ve visited this week
- A quiz about something interesting
- What is confidence for you
- How do you manage your time
- Things you think every women/men year old should know
- Blog series set up as a journal
- Favorite life/hair/beauty/cleaning hacks
- What do you love most about yourself?
- Your desk space essentials
- Shows/movies you’ve always wanted to watch
- Experience of working with people older than you
- Working with people younger than you
- How you ended up in the job you’re at
- How you became a successful blogger
- Halloween costume DIY
- Halloween decor DIY
- Thanksgiving DIY
- A new take on Thanksgiving recipes
- Christmas/winter holiday DIY
- Cookie recipe
- Try being vegetarian for a week
- Try being vegan for a week
- Patrick’s day drink recipes
- Favorite late night snack recipe
- Favorite movie snack list
- A rant towards an inanimate object
- Fashion wishlist
- Handbag wishlist
- Makeup wishlist
- Favorite things about each holiday
- What I learned about my first job
- Your celebrity dinner party
- Anti bucket list
- Talk about your favorite makeup brand
- A list of your bad habits
- A thank you note to an inanimate object
- Why you want to do _____ on your bucket list
- If your home could talk
- Favorite ‘cheat’ meal
- Write about a charity you support and why
- Local business you support
- Facts about yourself
- A letter to your younger self
- A letter to your older self
- Letter to your favorite high school teacher
- Letter to your favorite college teacher
- Letter to your parents
- Letter to your grandparents
- Letter to your siblings
- Being friends with someone for a long time
- Face of the day
- Outfit of the day
- Favorite thrift stores
- Makeup storage ideas
- Your make storage and collection
- DIY hair mask
- DIY face mask
- Fashion trends you love
- Fashion trends you hate
- Your tattoos/piercings
- Your Meyers Briggs and what you believe about it
- Unusual Christmas trees
- Mantras for success
- Mantras for stress
- Introduce us to your family
- Your dream job
- Monthly Favorites
- Monthly Empties
- Curling with a straightener
- Foundations for fair skin
- Foundations for deep skin
- 5 minute hair styles
- Vegan/cruelty free makeup
- Summer makeup
- Autumn makeup
- Winter Makeup
- Spring Makeup
- Pin up makeup
- Airport makeup
- Airport hairstyles
- Purple lipsticks
- Orange lipsticks
- Dark lipsticks
- Bright lipsticks
- Pink lipsticks
- Red lipsticks
- Makeup haul
- Cheap makeup brands
- Biggest purchase regrets
- Favorite high end makeup brands
- Favorite high end fashion brands
- A rant towards a trend you hate
- Ways you bond with your family
- Monthly goals
- Favorite Instagram accounts
- Favorite twitter accounts
- A list of your pet peeves
- A day in your life
- All about one of your pets
- Favorite books of all time
- Favorite movies of all time
- Favorite band/album of all time
- Birthday Haul
- Holiday Haul
- Your birthday in review
- A picture for every hour in the day
- List of things to be happy about
- Places in your city to visit
- A brand review
- Your 5 year plan
- 3 books you don’t like and why
- 3 movies you don’t like and why
- Take part in someone else’s 30 day challenge…document
- Host your own 30 day challenge
- Stocking stuffer ideas
- Your beauty, fashion bucketlist
- Travel bucketlist
- Gift guide for people in your life
- Home decor wishlist
- What your childhood bedroom looked like
- Traditions with your best friends
- Do a YouTube tag…as a blog post
- What technology do you use to blog?
- Your favorite piece of art…and the history behind it
- Try a foreign food and write about it
- Have someone do a guest post for you!
- Talk about your favorite animal
- Share your blogging or creative process
- A behind-the-scenes look at your blog or work studio
- Your blogging advice
- Blog tips that have worked for you
- What are the difficulties you’ve overcome in your blog?
- Share articles that helped you improve your blog
- Write an open letter to your younger self
- What’s in your makeup bag?
- What’s in your gym bag?
- What’s in you office bag?
- What’s in your camera bag?
- What’s in your travel bag?
- Interview famous people in your niche
- Share a recent project that fire you up
- What do you look for in a blog?
- What makes you come back and read more?
- What are your goals that you’d like to achieve for the season
- List of the bloggers that you admire
- Your most favorite blog posts
- Share your strategy on how you make money from your blog
- Share your favorite affiliate partner/sponsor
- Share your not-so favorite affiliate partner and why you regret working with them
- Share your the longest post you have written
- Share what would you but for your biz or blog if you have the funds
- Share your best marketing tips
- Create a massive list of blog post ideas!
PIN THIS FOR LATER!
Thanks for this valuable post. It’s helpful for new blog ideas.
Wow, great list! Saved!
Absolutely brilliant post ideas! I’ve pinned to refer back to in the future! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Hi Betty! Welcome to our blog and I’m so happy you loved this list! Let me know what ideas or blogposts you’ve written 🙂
200!!! Damn, great post! I am going to write down a few ideas. Thank you for making this list.
Love this! Thank you for helping me put my thinking cap back on 🙂
Great prompts! So excited to get started a give my afternoons and weekends some purpose. Thanks for sharing!
I’ve had writers block for a while and its been really holding back my blog. This post helped me so much! Thank you!
best list ever
Great list, thank you!! 🙂
Thank you for sharing these ideas! I will come back to this post when I am running out of blog post ideas 🙂
Interesting ideas. You know that it’s difficult to keep all these things in mind. So I saved this post for future reference. Thank you very much for the sharing.
Thank you Manoj, happy you find it helpful 🙂 Let me k ow when need any help.
Manavi I Be For Beauty
Bookmarking this: I too sometimes face this problem and I think this could be super useful.
Yes Manavi ???? Happy it was helpful to you.
Saving for future reference. There are a bunch on here that would be great for me to use for future posts
Go write it dear! ????
you are brilliant darling I am so bookmarking this for the blue days when my brain won’t just cope with me 😛 LOL
I totally get you when you say “your brain just coping up” ???? I’m so happy you find this helpful ????
This is perfect for a new blogger such as myself!
Yey! Happy you loved it! ????
Brittany @ Grace, Love, Life
I’ll be saving this for one of those days when I’m stumped. Thanks!
You go girl! Thank you so much.
Michelle @ Who Says What
Thanks for all the awesome ideas! I’ll definitely be bookmarking this to reference during my future brain farts 😉
I love the “future brain farts” right there! Haha! Thanks Michelle xoxo
Summer @ Coffee With Summer
I always love reading about why other bloggers started blogging – such a great prompt!
Yes! Write it down in a blog post! 🙂
I love love love this post! It’s so helpful and I can’t wait to share with other bloggers. Thank you for creating!
xx, Taylor (thesprinkleblog.tayloramead.com)
Hey Taylor, thank you so much you’re so sweet!
Thank you so much for this list! Do you know how many times I have no idea what to write? This gave me so much motivation.
Oh girl, you are SO welcome! Hit that laptop and start writing! <3
Patricia A. Go
good ideas! 🙂 I’m bookmarking your website for future posts.
Yes! Thank you! Happy you know that you find it helpful <3
great lifestyle blog ideas.
Thank you girl!
This is super helpful! I get writer’s block CONSTANTLY. It’s insane. Looking forward to bookmarking this for future posts!
I cannot agree more! Thank you so much happy you loved it!
Love this!! Pinning it! So so useful
Thanks girl! enjoy the list!
Wow great ideas! I’m saving this for later when I have writes block!
Yehey! Thanks girl happy you loved it! 🙂
Great list thanks for sharing. Pinning this for future reference when I have no ideas!
Yey! Thanks dear happy you loved it! 🙂
I saw you link on twitter ad bookmarked it for later. I just went through and it’s the best I’ve ever gone through. I love it because they’re not cliche and even if every blogger writes about it, it can still be unique to them. Thank you so much for this, I absolutely love it. I’m so grateful
Belema, dear sorry to get back to you late. I appreciate your sweet words it means a lot to me really <3 So happy you find these helpful, let me know if there's anything I can help you with. Have a great day!
Amanda J. Kolar Blouch
This is beautiful! Thank you for some new ideas. I’m going to be a newbie blogger and trying to gather lots of ideas!! This was very helpful.
Hey Amanda, sorry to get back to you late! I’m so happy you loved the ideas. Feel free to let me know if there’s anything that you need <3
This was super helpful.
What do you plan to write first? ?
I already have a long list of what I want to write, but I’d love to share some posts about the behinds the scenes of blogging.
Yes yes that would be fun! ?
Fantastic post! I definitely will be returning to this often when I need some inspiration. x
Awesome! Happy blogging girl! ?
I needed this! Usually I am bursting with ideas, but after the holidays, my brain is just fried! This is such a great resource to keep me writing and motivated! Thank you!
What’s your favorite among this list? I’m so happy you loved this post! 🙂
Wow so many ideas, great job!
Keep writing and happy blogging! ?
Creating a blog post mentioning my top 10 posts of the last year is a good idea! Thank you for sharing it!
You go girl! Happy blogging! ?
Fantastic resource for all bloggers, thank you!
Yeheeey!!! Keep writing girl! 😉
These are fantastic ideas!! I always love the “what’s in my ____ bag” posts! 🙂
Hey Abbey! Sorry for super later response! I’m so thankful you loved this 🙂
I love this post. This is more than 200 blog post ideas, I can see like 200+ or something when you begin to dig into each topic.
For example, Your Blogging Advice could be restructured like:
Blogging advice for newbie bloggers
Blogging advice for advanced bloggers
Blogging advice after blogging for six years
And on and on.
Thanks for sharing Janica
Hannah! YEEES! I’m so happy you find these useful 🙂 Go try the ones you mentioned (btw they are AWESOME!!) gimme the link once you’ve published them so I can share it! <3
10) Growing Up as a Female – fade into dark
[…] this week, I was doing my casual google search for inspiration and saw an idea by a blog called Beauty and Cherries that suggested writing about being a woman in your 20s. Seeing as I am not a woman in her 20s, […]
Great ideas especially when we’re stuck in artist’s block. Great way to get things moving for great content on your next blog post!
Yay! Love it! Thank you for your sweet words <3
Thanks again Janica for this ! So awesome !
Feel free to share with me your post from one of these topic! 🙂 I’d be happy to check them out
Bookmarking forever. Thank you so much for all of the inspiration! Even when you’re an established blogger, sometimes writers block or lack of inspo overshadow your desire to write but you def gave some great tips!
Agree! Thank you dear happy you liked it! <3
When someone thinks about about starting a blot. He/she fret about the topic to write. You have mentioned some great points here.
People can get an idea for their blog posts or even for a whole blog. Newbies need such type of articles to learn.
Great information indeed.
Enjoy the day.
Agree with you. Thanks for your kind words Ravi.
Friday Five Vol. 7 — Jojomei
[…] are 199+ blog post ideas in case you’re having “blogger’s block” because I do have it right now! […]
This list is EPIC – so many ideas just from reading the first 5 points. Thanks for sharing!
Always welcome Tina! 🙂
Very Helpful Idea’s…. Thank’s Janica 🙂
Always welcome Jay!
Thanks for this post! Great inspiring ideas. x
Welcome! Happy you liked it! 🙂