Ready to setup your blog and make passive income on the side?
Be sure to follow these steps carefully so you’ll have your blog setup in under 10 minutes!
Blogging is a great way to make passive income and learn a ton of skills a long the way while sharing your knowledge to other people.
Imagine that feeling of satisfaction in helping someone out there through your blog? That’s amazing!
6 Easy Steps To Setup Your Blog In Minutes
One of the most important is choosing the right hosting for your blog – one that is secure, reliable and have friendly tech support you will not be going crazy alone when something happens.
2. Choose a plan
If you’re starting a new blog, choose the StartUp Plan. You can easily upgrade once your traffic and revenue picks up.
- The StartUp Plan is perfect for people with one website that you are just launching. You get 10GB of space and it is ideal for those receiving less than 10,000 visits per month.
- The GrowBig Plan is a really great value as it offers the option of creating multiple websites on your hosting account and you get WordPress SuperCacher that greatly improves WordPress and Joomla website speeds. This plan comes with a basic backup and restore service. You get 20GB of space and it is ideal for those receiving less than 25,000 visits per month.
- The GoGeek Plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or need things like staging and GIT integration. You can host an unlimited number of sites with this plan. This plan comes with a premium backup and restore service, including a manual restoration by the SiteGround team.You get 30GB of space and it is ideal for those receiving less than 100,000 visits
3. Choose a domain name
Register your domain name – this is what you will appear to your address bar. Make it simple and related to the things you will write in your blog.
4. Fill up with your details
Be sure to add the necessary information and proceed with payment step.
5. Install WordPress
You should now have access to your Siteground dashboard.
The only step remaining is to install WordPress.
Hop on Live Chat and request the Siteground team to do the WordPress installs for you.
**Below is a bonus tip if you want to set it up for yourself.
6. Visit your WordPress Dashboard
Once they send you your log in emails, navigate to:
If you prefer to do the WordPress installation yourself, here’s how you do it.
a. Go to cPanel within your Siteground dashboard
b. Click the WordPress installer
c. Click the blue button
d. Fill in the details and choose your domain from the drop-down
e. Create an admin username and password. This will become your WordPress log in details
Congratulations! You now have a self-hosted WordPress Blog!
When you first login to WordPress you will see that there isn’t much going on. You shouldn’t be overwhelmed either if you didn’t know much about anything. Enjoy as you learn along!
Join 5,000+ creatives beating writer's block with this 200+ blog post brainstorming guide!