Ready to setup your blog and make passive income on the side?
First off, be sure you already completed Lessons 1 & 2 for Blog Starter course so you’ll get really clear on what to blog about.
If you already have an idea for a domain name and purpose for starting a blog, then you’ll all set to jet!
One of the most important is choosing the right hosting for your blog – one that is secure, reliable and have friendly tech support you will not be going crazy alone when something happens.
6 Easy Steps To Setup Your Blog on Siteground
Be sure to follow these steps carefully so you’ll have your blog setup in under 20 minutes or even less!
2. Choose a plan
If you’re starting a new blog or are relatively new to blogging, start with the StartUp Plan. You can easily upgrade once your traffic and revenue picks up.
- The StartUp Plan is perfect for people with one website that you are just launching. You get 10GB of space and it is ideal for those receiving less than 10,000 visits per month.
- The GrowBig Plan is a really great value as it offers the option of creating multiple websites on your hosting account and you get WordPress SuperCacher that greatly improves WordPress and Joomla website speeds. This plan comes with a basic backup and restore service. You get 20GB of space and it is ideal for those receiving less than 25,000 visits per month.
- The GoGeek Plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or need things like staging and GIT integration. You can host an unlimited number of sites with this plan. This plan comes with a premium backup and restore service, including a manual restoration by the SiteGround team.You get 30GB of space and it is ideal for those receiving less than 100,000 visits
3. Choose a domain name
Already have a domain? There’s just one additional step.
Go into settings, or manage domains depending on who you registered the domain with. Locate the name server settings, and change them.
It should look something like this:
4. Fill up with your details
You don’t need to add Domain Privacy and HackAlerting if you don’t want to. The cost works up to less than $50 for an entire year.
5. Install WordPress
You should now have access to your Siteground dashboard.
The only step remaining is to install WordPress.
Hop on Live Chat and request the Siteground team to do the WordPress installs for you.
**Below is a bonus tip if you want to set it up for yourself.
6. Visit your WordPress Dashboard
Once they send you your log in emails, navigate to:
If you prefer to do the WordPress installation yourself, here’s how you do it.
a. Go to cPanel within your Siteground dashboard
b. Click the WordPress installer
c. Click the blue button
d. Fill in the details and choose your domain from the drop-down
e. Create an admin username and password. This will become your WordPress log in details
Congratulations! You now have a self-hosted WordPress Blog!
When you first login to WordPress you will see that there isn’t much going on. You shouldn’t be overwhelmed either if you didn’t know much about anything. Enjoy as you learn along!
Are you feeling burn out? Use this 15 page planner to track your progress, regain focus and stay on your game!
Join 5,000 introverted creatives and get exclusive blogging tips we only send on emails.