Hi there! Are you a chicken lover? I hope so – because I am! I recently received a electric oven (as birthday present! Yippee!) and was so excited to try it out.
First recipe that pops into my head was… “roasted chicken”. And while I am so excited to try a whole chicken for this recipe, I thought to myself that it might be better to use chicken fillets first to try it out.
Serves 2- 4
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
For the chicken fillet:
- 1 lb of Chicken fillet (you can use chicken thighs as well)
- 2 tsp of Garlic powder
- 2 tsp of Onion powder
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the veggies:
- 3 pcs medium sized potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized white onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1/4 cup dried rosemary leaves
1) To prepare the chicken, stir together the garlic, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper and butter (melt the butter to a high heat for 5 minutes). Gently massage the chicken fillets with the mixture. Set aside.
2) Drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet, add the potatoes,onions, sprinkle the rosemary leaves,pepper and salt. Toss well.
2) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Toss the veggies lay on a single layer and add the chicken fillet over the top. Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes until the chicken is crispy and juicy.
3) When ready to serve, sprinkle some chopped basil or parsley over the chicken and serve with the rice and fruits.
This is my go to meal whenever I feel extremely tired from work. Give it a try and let me know what you think about it. 🙂