Running a blog is never easy. It takes a lot of work and motivation. I am often asked to come up with a list of blogging resources that I trust and used to run this blog and finally, here it is. The reason why it came up so late is that I want to try things first before actually “recommending it to people”.
Blogging Resources I Can’t Blog Without
From tips to books, I’m gonna share with you the tools that I have proven effective as far as my blogging journey is concerned. I will update this page once I discover something new or better service.
GRAB YOUR FREE COPY
I wrote these posts as per reader’s requests. If you are thinking of starting your own blog and you are confused on what to do or where to start – this list of articles will walk you through.
- Start A Profitable Blog: The Complete Guide
- 15 Beautiful WordPress Themes Under $50
- The Best WordPress Plugins For Your Blog
- 23 Kick Ass Blogging Tools To Use Now
- 200+ Blog Post Ideas For All Types Of Blogs
- 8 Powerful Types Of Blog Posts That Converts
- 15 Things To Do Before You Publish
- 30 Places To Get Free Stock Photos
- Non-Techie Guide To Image Optimization
- How To Add Rich Pins To Your Blog
- 75 Ways To Get Website Traffic
- 8 SEO Tips To Boost Your Organic Traffic
- 10 Must Read Books For Bloggers
- Mastering the Perfect Flat Lay
- How To Grow Your Blog Without Spending Money
- How To Manage A Blog With A Full Time Job
- 6 Productivity Tips For Busy Solopreneur
Prior to launching this blog, I did my research about tools that are great for blogging. I tried them out and some worked and some didn’t. So here are the tools that I can recommend you give a try.
Web Hosting & Domain Name
- HostGator is my hosting and domain provider. I’ve worked on freelance projects before and this is what I usually recommend. The quality of the customer service is hands down – the best. And for me, this is important because when you have problems with your site you have someone to look for it especially if you’re not a technical person.
For the record, since I started this blog I didn’t encounter any serious issue when it comes to hosting and besides, I’ve tried their hosting services with my other clients, some of them actually prefer the 1 month = 1 cent before they bought a plan. That is a good start actually.
Theme/Brand Design Tools
- Oleander is the WordPress theme that I am using. I just love the clean design and chic design. Though I am in a process of creating my own theme so once its ready I’m gonna switch.
- Fonts – I love beautiful fonts! And I am obsessed with them – seriously I have a TON of them.
- Photos – I don’t have time to take my own photos, so whenever I can buy some and re-use them as much as I can. I also use free photos.
- Sony Alpha Mirror less Camera – when I need to attend an event for business or work-related I always carry this with me. It’s affordable and not bulky compared to DSLR
- Instax Mini – sometimes I bought stuff out of “cover and color” instead of its usual purpose. BUT this one is actually worth the hype – at least I realized that it’s not just pretty it’s also really good for flat lays.
- Reflectors – Ben (my co-author) suggested this to me and I couldn’t be more thankful. I didn’t know much about photography stuff but luckily he taught me LOL.
- Lighting – Just like the reflector, my co-author suggested this and it is doing great for me.
- Canva – If you are looking for a photo editing software that is free, easy to use and have a bazillion options you have to try this one. It’s been a life saver for me. I know how to use Photoshop & Illustrator but I’m all about saving time so this one is my go-to. You can also buy premium designs for only $1.
- Macbook Pro
- Lenovo Laptop
- Logitech Mouse
- LuxLady Mouse Pad
- DaySpring Planner
- Sticky Notes for Brainstorming
- Portable Laptop Stand
- Laptop Bed Table
Social Media Tools
- Tailwind – is what I use on a daily basis as my Pinterest scheduler. I’ve used other scheduling tool but this gives me the results in less time. I can schedule post for a week or even a month and it only takes me 20 minutes or less. Sign up for a free trial now.
- Hootsuite (free version) – I use this tool to schedule my posts on Twitter and Facebook on a weekly basis. The dashboard is simple and easy to follow so doesn’t matter if you’re techie or not.
- Mailchimp – is the email service provider that I use to send out my monthly newsletter. This is free for up to 2,000 subscribers. Since the number of our subscribers is increasing, I’m looking for another option.
- Tell Your Time – one of my favorites when it comes to time management and you can never go wrong with the price!
- #GIRLBOSS – a must read for women entrepreneurs. Sophia Amoruso shares her journey in building a fashion empire from an eBay store. Superb book – love it!
- You Are A BadAss – the book title is as interesting as the writer. And the book is AMAZING. I feel so empowered after I read this book (and I can’t help to re-read this every time I feel down)
- How Every Woman Can Earn More & Make a Difference – this book was written by a veteran blogger Crystal Paine to which she gives practical advice for ways to save money and generate more income and you don’t need to become a mom to appreciate this book. I am not even married but I love this!
- The Bootstrap VA – if you are searching for the best book that explains how to be a Virtual Assistant this is what you need. I bought this as a gift for a friend and she’s now working from home as a successful VA.
- Get Things Done – is the book that I am currently reading and target to complete soon (so I can buy another one) and if you’re someone struggling to beat procrastination. David Allen shares how you can be ultra productive without being stressed – I am implementing what he wrote in the book and I think it’s really effective!
- Stop Saying You’re Fine– hands down THE BEST BOOK that taught me how to slap my face back and forth. I was deeply convinced on how Mel Robbins wrote this book. This will teach you how to be brutally honest with you’re self to get what you want.
- Payoneer – When we make a sale from our partners, I use this service to withdraw money from our local bank. This is so helpful since I live outside United States and the service is just wonderful. I am so glad they exist! Sign up and get $25 free!
When traffic jam hits, I usually spend this time to sleep until such time that I realized that I need to utilize my time and so I did start on podcast. These are my favorites:
- Being Boss is my ever favorite podcast for creative entrepreneurs by Kathleen Shannon of Braid Creative and Emily Thompson of Indie Shopography.
- ProBlogger is a podcast all about blogging by veteran blogger Darren Rowse.
- The Get Paid Podcast a practical podcast that discusses different strategies for making money as an entrepreneur.
- Amy Porterfield’s Podcast Online Marketing Made Easy is great for learning new marketing strategies.
- EOFire (Entrepreneur on Fire) gives actionable advice for growing your business.
- The Smart Passive Income Pat Flynn talks about how to create multiple passive income streams.
GRAB YOUR FREE COPY